Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Parmesan Stuffed Chicken


What better way to begin a blog than with one of my favorite recipes to make?

One of my all time favorite recipes to make is a Parmesan Stuffed Chicken.
Who doesn't love a dish with cheesy-ness oozing out with marinara and pasta?
I think of it as comfort food. If I want to make a hearty meal.. this is something I always consider.

I got this recipe from a friend I have known forever, Amber Seay. I enjoy getting other recipes, and twisting them a tiny bit. Her recipe was so yummy, and I had to make it my own a little!

Oven--400

Chicken breasts
1 c mozzarella
1 c flour
2 eggs
1 c bread crumb/parmesan mixture

Marinara--your choice, I enjoy using Classico Roasted Garlic
Pasta--your choice, I enjoy using 3 cheese tortellini

You place the flour in one bowl, eggs in another, and the bread crumb mixture in another.
You will dredge the chicken in a pattern of flour, egg, and bread crumbs. Then use the mozzarella and stuff the chicken. The way you do this is your own preference and what kind of breasts you are using. If mine are thick I will cut them in half and stuff the cheese in the side.. if they are large I will put cheese in the middle and fold the breast in half. You may also use toothpicks to secure them to keep the breast closed if needed.

Place chicken in a casserole dish.

Take the marinara sauce, and pour in the casserole dish with chicken, filling the empty spots in your dish.
Bake for 40-50 minutes. Last 5-10 min you may add mozzarella on top to melt

Serve with your pasta, and maybe some yummy garlic bread and a salad! :)

Please, when making any of my recipes, comment and let me know how you liked them, or if you tweeked it in your own way! I love new ideas! :)

and if you ever have a great recipe to share, I would be happy to let you guest blog! Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment