Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stir Fry


One thing I love about this meal.. EASY!
It takes no time at all, the rice itself takes longer!

Meat: this meat apparently has a few names.. usually known as Flank steak, but can also be stir fry meat, and flap meat
I cut it into strips, put it in a plastic bag, and add the following for a small marinade.
1 tsp ginger
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp white wine vinegar
Honestly.. I eye ball all of these ingredients, but those are the approximate measurements I use. I let it marinade for 30 minutes or so.

The nice thing about this stir fry.. you can make it your own. You can add any veggies you like. I add a lot of veggies sometimes, but the other night I just used yellow, orange, and red peppers. You first saute your veggies with a little olive oil.
After they are cooked, remove, and add meat with juices and all. After the meat is thoroughly cooked, add veggies and mix. Serve with steamed rice.
Enjoy!

As always, please let me know if you try and of these and how they turned out for you!! And I would love to have any recipes sent to try, or any guest bloggers! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment